2007 Jinma 204 pto shield

Forum Forums Help Me Find A Part 2007 Jinma 204 pto shield

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      paolo
      Participant

I am in need of a metal PTO shield for 2007 Jinma 204 any owners or dealers?

RichWaugh
        Participant

On the menu bar near the top of your screen is a tab labeled “Our Dealers.”  Click on that and get the contact info for Affordable Tractor Sales or Circle G Tractor, both of them should have what you need and both of them are great people to work with who offer lots of help and advice to the members here.

Carl Darnell
          Participant

They are useless and a waste of time. They are in the way for using the PTO. I took mine off just after I bought it and have not had an issue since. 

If the PTO is disengaged as it should be there is no need for a cover. You don't leave your PTO engaged all the time do you?

rdstevens
            Participant

I use my PTO shield anytime I'm not using the PTO.  Keeps the shaft clean and rust free, and also prevents getting grease on my clothes when I am workikng in that area.  Yes I can get along without it, but since I have it, I use it.  This is on my Ford 640.  Teh Jinma has one and is installed, and will remain so once I get it back into use.

Affordable
              Participant

We have the covers if you want one

Tommy

Affordable Tractor Sales

“Your Jinma Parts Superstore”

http://www.affordabletractorsalesco.com

dogdoc
                Participant

mine got bent up when a lift arm pin broke and things went flying all over the place.  i took it off with the intention of trying to straighten it out and once i realized how much easier it is to attach implements without it, it never got put back. probably a saftey issue there but as i see it the whole tractor is a saftey issue! 

DavidPrivett
                  Participant

I have found one advantange on those shields when bush hoggin real high stuff not near as much junk gets wound around that front u joint.

Ronald
                    Participant

We had a guy around here that had not picked him mail out of his box for several days.  Went to check on him and found him completely wrapped around the pto shaft.  Tractor had eventually run out of gas.

This was not a pretty picture and if you ever seen it once you would never forget it.  There was not much left of him.  No shields on this tractor at all.

This was an old H farmall so had to get off and on from rear so made it more dangerous but have seen others get clothing caught while standing along side the pto with equipment running.  Not much fun for them.

Keep your shield on if you can.

Bob Rooks
                      Participant

We (collectively) ask for safety equipment, standards, and practices by not thinking, doing foolish things, getting in a hurry, and just not paying attention. It is there to protect us from ourselves, nothing more. Circumventing safety devices and practices tells a story about you.

True, equipment would cost much less without it, and manufacturers would save a lot of money by not having to include it. But if it doesn't protect us from ourselves, who will?

hmmm

Account deleted.

paolo
                        Participant

Mine got bent when a sway pin fell out and implement was raised, when PTO is not in use, I keep it clean and greased, and screw on the cast iron condom that was supplyed with my tractor over the shaft.

DavidPrivett
                          Participant

woman down the road, loose clothing ,shear bolt at gear box on auger with no protection = non functioning arm.people see it all the time but I guess that can not happen to me takes over.

dogdoc
                            Participant

I am all ears, what's the story?

DavidPrivett
                              Participant

well the long version is the ground is clay here and if it has been dry it is very hard.she was helping her husband who was on the tractor knowing him the tractor was wound up.she was rocking the auger by hand on the gearbox to get it to bite,her sleeve was grabed by the shear bolt and  it jerked her arm almost off,it pretty much just hangs loose now.

Carl Darnell
                                Participant

That's sad to hear but a PTO shield would not have kept her from getting hurt since she got caught by a bolt at the gear box. People always get hurt when they ignore the danger of what they are doing. The only time a PTO shield guards you is when nothing is connected to the PTO. The PTO should not be engaged until the drive shaft is hooked to it and the tractor shouldn't be running while it is being hooked up. 

In spite of guards and other protections people will get hurt. It seems we always do foolish things mostly without thinking about it. 

DavidPrivett
                                  Participant

the newer augers have a shield on the gearbox much like the pto shield on the tractor.but when you break the shear bolt sometimes things do not get put back on,yes there is a access hole in the shield to drive the bolt out but sometimes people always have a excuse why things happen.

paolo
                                    Participant

I got one coming from affordable tractor sales  http://www.affordabletractorsalesco.com/

dogdoc
                                      Participant

has anybody modified the pto shield to flip up out of the way when attaching implements.  i saw this on an orange tractor the other day

DavidPrivett
                                        Participant

my neighbor has a massey with that feature but I think that each tractor would have to be made to fit, no universal fit type.if I get a min.I am going to look at mine to see how easy or difficult it would be to make something up.with a catch to hold it up while hooking up the pto.great now something else to do.

circleg
                                          Participant

We have the covers in stock

Ben

http://www.circlegtractorparts.com

Circle G Tractor Sales, Inc.

662-252-5272

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.