2008 Ranch Hand 4452 dal shuttle shift needs adjusting

Forum Forums Tractor Operation And Maintenance 2008 Ranch Hand 4452 dal shuttle shift needs adjusting

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeffrey Bronson
      Participant

Anyone have any info on adjusting the shuttle shift on my 2008 Ranch Hand 4452.I believe its a JINMA 454 4wd.I just got the tractor and have years of mechanical experience.I was hoping someone may have a picture of the shaft and connection to the transmission.I have no manuals on this tractor yet.I have only had it a couple weeks.

oldfart2
        Participant

The 454 Jinma was known for shearing the roll pins, you might double check for that, before tearing things apart.

Jeffrey Bronson
          Participant

Thanks old fart 2.It looks like someone replaced the pins with an aluminum rod or a bolt.I need to crawl under and see for sure.I think that may be worn or broken it doesn’t engage until the very end of the throw.It looks simple but I couldn’t find a parts blow up on it.

DavidPrivett
            Participant

to make them a little more durable guys have put a roll  pin inside a  roll pin.

oldfart2
              Participant

I have the Jinma manual with shuttle shift details, but it’s at my cabin, will try to bring back this weekend.

oldfart2
                Participant

I would remove all roll pins and replace! One could be half broke, and it would be hard to tell.

Jeffrey Bronson
                  Participant

Thanks for the info.I am waiting on some new hood struts and just ordered a new battery for it today.I have a pit in my garage I guess its time to pull the old Chevy plow truck out and use it for my tractor.

Jeffrey Bronson
                    Participant

Update: I ordered 28 ” hydraulic struts 90 lb for the hood lifts.They work ok and the pivots will thread on from the old ones.I think 120 lb ones would work better though.The new battery is in a 925 amp extreme Exide and she starts great now also had to change the ground cable.

Any ideas on light switches for the canopy lights?I am thinking maybe the ignition switch has a spot for it.Also what is the button on the turn signal for?

DavidPrivett
                      Participant

on my 2006 50 hp foton it is the horn

Jeffrey Bronson
                        Participant

Thanks Dave.I was just out playing with my tractor and now it won’t go forward or backward.I guess its time to tear the shuttle mechanism apart and fix it.Hoping it’s just the pins are sheared off.

Jeffrey Bronson
                          Participant

Update to my update:After several calls I have determined my Ranch Hand tractor to be a Foton TB 454 model.I also fixed my shuttle shift after it finally warmed enough to crawl under the tractor.It had loose mounting bolts on the shift mounting bracket.This part is apparently designed to fail so my machinist nephew and I are going to try to design a lower mount to help stabilize the shifter mechanism.Here is the parts blow up of my shuttle shifter.

Attachments:
                            You must be logged in to view attached files.
                            Jeffrey Bronson
                            Participant

Took the tractor out pushing snow yesterday.What a tank it is but I need a cab for it.Also figured out the canopy light switch. It’s built into the turn signal handle you just turn the handle.I will wait for a day above -10 to get the lights working though.

DavidPrivett
                              Participant

on my foton that turns on the rear work lights but that’s close to doing the same thing

Jeffrey Bronson
                                Participant

Thanks Dave ,all the wires are there but I imagine the bulbs are shot.I am going to replace all of them with led lights.Tractor supply has loads of them on clearance now.Freezing rain here at the moment so I will wait for spring.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.