284 No Hydraulic to Backhoe

Forum Forums Tractor Troubleshooting 284 No Hydraulic to Backhoe

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      CTOA
      Keymaster

Hi everyone,

I went to pick up a 284 today that I bought with 150 hrs. on it. It came with a Wallenstein backhoe. We hooked the hydr. hoses from the backhoe up to the QC's on the back of the tractor, but the backhoe isn't doing anything. The FEL and the 3 pt. both move just fine. The manual for the backhoe says you just hook it up and go… no valves on it.

What am I missing here? Is there a diverter somewhere to send fluid to those QC's? I have no documentation on the tractor, so I'm not sure what these EN/DIE levers are engaging and disengaging. Also, it seems to be leaking hydraulic fluid from almost every connection, so I know I have some work to do there.

The former owner used the backhoe like once 2 years ago, has since moved out of state, and can't remember how anything hooks up.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I need to hook this thing up and get it home. Thanks!

CTOA - Founder

Smalljobs
        Participant

OK congrats on the Wallenstein hoe.  Wish I had one.  My Jinma 284 had two remotes on the back.  If I closed off the valve in the front of the seat I could run a logsplitter off these connections but the three point hitch became isolated and could not go up or down.  Right after that I added two “real live” remotes to the tractor to run logsplitter, hydraulic toplink, etc. 

Search this site for my info on the remotes.  I can send you schematics and parts list.  An easier way is to talk to Ronald at Ranch Hand who is a sponsor on this site.  They're outstanding and can probably set you up with an almost turnkey hydraulic solution.

Sure you can run the hoe off those OEM connectors but it's not ideal.  I've read that they are really meant to power a dump trailer needing a cylinder power up and drain.

I'm sorry but this site is not really easy to post pictures for me.  I can send you pictures of my own remotes privately or you can find them on another site easily.

Good luck and stay connected!

RichWaugh
          Participant

As noted those rear remotes on the 284 probably aren't u to the job of running a backhoe.  You might get enough out of them to put the hoe in position to travel, but not use it I'd guess.   To make them live, you need to close the diverter/control valve located on the front of the seat base.  That will deactivate the TPH and send the fluid to the remotes.

The 284 has just enough hydraulic pump capacity to handle the steering and loader – the pump is too small to make a hoe run well at all, from what I understand.  You can get a bigger pump and a power-beyond port for your loader valve and plumb from there to the hoe, or you can go to a PTO-mounted auxiliary pump and reservoir – that would be my suggestion.  Cost you a few hundred bucks but give you much better power and control and you'd also still be able to use your TPH with the hoe.

Affordable
            Participant

You are not going to be able to run the backhoe off of the remotes on the back of the tractor, I recommend that you purchase a Live remote kit from Us or Ranchhand supply, it will come with all the hoses quick connects, brackets to give you a pressure supply and return that you can plug your backhoe into, and when not in use it will come with a hose to link them together to complete the circuit. Very simple and cost effective solution.

If you are interested e-mail for pricing tommy@affordabletractorsalesco.com

Tommy

Affordable Tractor Sales

“Your Jinma Parts Superstore”

http://www.affordabletractorsalesco.com

circleg
              Participant

Yes you will definetly need a PTO pump to run your backhoe, check ours out at http://www.circlegtractorparts.com

Phillip

Circle G Tractor Sales, Inc.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.