3 point quick hitch for jinma 254

Forum Forums Help Me Find A Part 3 point quick hitch for jinma 254

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      dogdoc
      Participant

Want to add a quick hitch attachment to my jinma 254, anyone used  products from northern tool, or tractor supply

Tinbender
        Participant

I don't have a Tractor supply nearby, and have not used this piece of equipment from Northern Tool. That said it's my understanding that all these (including Harbor Freight, John Deer, Kubota, etc.) are all built to the same ANSI specs. They will all fit your tractor and will all fit implements that are made to the ANSI dimensions. If you have older or home made stuff they may not fit any brand until modified to these specs. I think you would be safe with either of these companies products.

Bob Rooks
          Participant

What Tinbender said is correct. I have a Harbor Freight quick hitch, albeit slightly modified, that I think is the best thing since sliced bread.

Some implements do not meet the ASABE (the old ASAE division of ANSI) standards. These are usually older, pre-’80’s implements.

I had to modify my backhoe to fit my quick hitch, but I can have it on or off in about 30 seconds.

Account deleted.

SpringValley
            Participant

I have one and for some things it worked ok if it had an open pocket where the hook would slip cleanly over the pin.  On other things it did not work so great.  I swore at it but many people really like them. I then discovered the real problem.  They used to come with an adapter.  HF sold the adapter as part # 29309-0VGA.  Now they don't have it and I can't even locate one.  If I had the dimensions I would make one.  It's kind of a U shaped piece.  A little over half way down the page here

it shows the best picture far on the right.  That adapter would work great for things that don't have an open pin pocket.  Anybody got an idea of where to get one or some measurements?  

Tinbender
              Participant

I see what you mean Larry. Checking out the website the reviews have gone from 20 or more to 6. Quite a few of the missing reviews had the part number. If you download the manual there is a good picture of the adapter and how to use it, but again the part number has been removed. ” On some implements you will need the adapter” ” But we won't give you a part number or a source for it!” yell

Bob Rooks
                Participant

The adapter is all I use now. This is an old pic, before I installed the hydraulic top link.

Account deleted.

SpringValley
                  Participant

That adapter is the ticket to making the thing very useful.   The good news is I think I found one here.  I am going to grab one for sure. laugh   Can’t even mess around trying to make one for $17.49

fido
                    Participant

What implements do you guys use this on? Is it designed to use with PTO equip? I realize you'd still have to jump off to hook up the shaft, but it would stiil make hookups easier when swapping between brush mower, finish mower and tiller. I saw a model one time that hooked up the shaft too but the cost was a surprise. Thanks in advance. Fido

Code 347 CLDTI

Bob Rooks
                      Participant

I use it with a box scraper, scraper/grader, rock rake, 17' crane, 1,000 lb. counterweight (for the FEL), and a 7-1/2' back hoe.

Basically, anything that attaches to the rear of the tractor is hung on the quick hitch.

Account deleted.

Grumpy
                        Participant

I have a quick hitch from Tractor Supply and I love it. I use it with my sub soiler, middle buster, landscape rake, box blade, broadcast spreader, rock sifter, generator, and tiller. I also used it one season for my snow blower, but that implement requires the most power of all my PTO driven implements and I was a bit shy about the fact that the quick hitch adds about 3 or 4 inches to the distance between the tractor and the implement which extends the PTO shafts a bit, so I don't use it for that. I was thinking about getting a 3″ PTO shaft extension to make up the difference.

hueyman19
                          Participant

thanks for the post, I ordered one too, have had a fast hitch for about 4 months and was at a loss as how to make it work, hope this does it.

Grumpy
                            Participant

Addendum, my snow blower was the only thing I didn't use it for. So, what I did was I went to Agri Supply online and bought 3PH lift arms that were 3 inches shorter that the stock arms. This pulled the quick hitch forward enough that implements now sit right where they are supposed to and I have no more concerns about over-extending drivelines. 

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.