3 pt.Backhoe

Forum Forums Tractor Implements 3 pt.Backhoe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tinbender
      Participant

Anyone have experience with WoodMaxx? I was browsing some used equipment sites and came across a used 2012 wm6600 backhoe for $4,500+ shipping. Just for comparison I checked the WoodMaxx site and the same model is $4200 new with free shipping. I knew these used sites were proud of their stuff but this is ridiculous! They state it has Italian made valves and JIC fittings but no mention of the hoe itself. For the price I have to assume Chinese. Any ideas, favorites?

Bob Rooks
        Participant

You can usually tell by the bucket profile. The Chinese buckets are long, the Korean buckets are shorter. The Korean hoes use Italian valve stacks. This was the major difference (among many others) between my LW-6 and LiTW Korean hoes.

Account deleted.

timkirby
          Participant

I have owned the 7 foot version (BH7600) of this backhoe with a 16″ bucket for one year. Although I only have logged about 10 hours of use on the unit so far, I am quite pleased with the quality of the backhoe and how it performs. It is a “build to print” version of the LITW backhoe built in China. Next week I will be starting a big project with my backhoe. If I discover anything alarming, I’ll post in this thread.

From my experience, the backhoe does very well digging through clay soil, but not so great in shale. Mine is mounted on a subframe.

I agree that it doesn’t make sense to purchase a used backhoe for more than a new one costs.

Jinma 284, logging winch, post hole digger, pallet forks, backhoe, back blade

Tinbender
              Participant

I’ve noticed that small projects like water and utility trenches can be done with something of this size around here as long as you don’t hit a lava cap or large rock buried. Otherwise it’s sandy “Central Oregon Moon Dust” mixed with lots of smaller rocks, boulders and hard, compacted earth. I have a spot for a 10×20 shed for a wood shop that will be on skids as I test with an old 1″x18″ drill bit and so far the rock/lava cap underneath is at least 20×30 feet and I haven’t found the edges yet!

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.